Citystar combines two core areas of expertise : as a Private Equity investor; and as a Real Estate investor and operator. Our current portfolio is diversified between France (40% of invested capital) and South-East Asia (60% of invested capital).
Our Private Equity investments in France
In Private Equity in France, we principally invest through our subsidiary Citystar Industry Investment, benefiting from the fiscal status of « société de capital-risque » (« capital-risk company »), which exonerates investors that are natural persons from taxes on capital gains or dividend distributions.
Or main equity holdings are the following :
- In Real Estate, a majority stake in Groupe Confiance: one of the biggest Real Estate developers of the Rhône-Alpes region, with more than 7500 apartments constructed and sold. Groupe Confiance benefits from 30 years of experience in Real Estate development, commercialization, rental and management. Its success is based on the integration of the various real estate fields, so as to best serve its clients, of which it is the one and only contact point. Citystar is a partner of Groupe Confiance since 2005.
- Citystar Industry Investment also takes stakes in Real Estate development operations, property trading operations
- In the Digital Economy, Citystar is since 2012 the partner of Auction.fr, one of the main players on the online auctions’ market for art objects. Auction.fr’s USP is to offer services to four types of stakeholders: auction houses; collectors; art lovers and experts. Since its creation 15 years ago, Auction.fr has become the reference online platform for Art Auctions in France.
- Since January 2015, Citystar also supports the growth of the startup Amplement, a professional social network allying simplicity, ease and transparency towards a single objective : allowing thousands of users to build their networks in an interactive and intuitive environment.
- Finally, Citystar holds a minority stake in CapEntrepreneurs, a fund managed by Naxicap Partners.
Real Estate assets and operations in France
In France, as a Real Estate investor and operator, we target both value-creating projects and investments providing returns over the medium-to-long term:
- Our subsidiary SéjourVacances invests in real Estate assets on the medium term. And we also hold a stake, together with Foncière Atland, of the real estate of the Speedy car centers.
- We are a regular operator of Real Estate developments or property trading projects (principally housing and offices buildings renovations), in close cooperation with long term partners.
Our capital-risk subsidiary CityStar Industry Investment (CSII) invests in these operations to the extent allowed by its status. And we ensure that our investments are leveraged to a level that contributes to the sustainability of our targets.
Real Estate investments in Asia
CityStar has been successfully applying its expertise in Real Estate investments and operations in South-East Asia since 2005. We principally invest in Cambodia:
- Our fund IPP (Immobilier Phnom Penh) has invested in five plots in Phnom Penh city center. Three of them have since been successfully resold.
- Our funds Ream I and Ream II own magnificent beaches in the spendid Ream / Sihanoukville region (see on a map), and beach concessions on two islands.
- Finally, building up on our hospitality experience in France and in Asia, we are currently conducting the development of Alila Villas Koh Russey: a hotel and luxury villas on the paradise island of Koh Russey, developed in cooperation with the environmentally responsible hotel chain Alila Hotels and Resorts.
Our Cambodian investments are managed in close cooperation between our Paris headquarters and our Singapore and Phnom Penh subsidiaries.